Want to Participate in The Next Chapter?

Our Soul Coaching journey is now complete. If you're travelling through the book on your own, please feel free to visit the posts below for inspiration and encouragement

If you're interested in participating in future sessions of The Next Chapter, be sure to sign up for my monthly newsletter and you'll be among the first to get the details!

I'm looking forward to sharing more adventures with you.

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Day 1: Life Assessment

picture from Petra of Kriebels & Krabbels
taken in Bieslandsepolder, Zuid-Holland in October 2005

Welcome to Air Week

"This is a time to take an assessment of your life; clear out personal, environmental and business clutter; discern your commitments; and begin to understand your inner rules and beliefs."
Soul Coaching, page 20

Remember, you don't have to do it all in one day and you're not in this alone! For the next 7 days, the book will offer tasks that will help you move forward and each day you can check in here and see how everyone else is doing.

Now is the time to pay attention to the air around you. Yesterday Romana shared one way to celebrate air: breathe deeply. Each morning open your window or step outside and take a moment to connect with the air. Pay attention as you inhale and release. Notice the temperature of the air on your skin. Notice any stirrings in the breeze. Feel free to share your air noticings.

Air is associated with the mind. It's a great time to fill the air with music you love and your mind with words that inspire you. Denise recommends a media cleanse this week to clear your mind of advertising and negative news. Read some more recommendations for air week on Page 19.

What will you do to connect with the air?

Day 1

As we enter our first day of tasks, we choose our level of participation (level 1, level 2 or level 3). Whichever you decide, share your experience on your blog and add a direct link below so that we can visit and learn what Day 1 activities were like for you.

30 comments:

Miss Robyn said...

woo lucky first! seeing as day one is nearly over for me.. I enjoyed today, checking some other blogs and having new people comment on mine. off to do my breathing meditation for tonight.. have a wonderful day everyone.. enjoy your breath !

Serena Lewis said...

This is so cool! I'm already enjoying this journey and reading about everyone else's. I have noticed that I'm finding it a little difficult to open up fully online, however, that may change as I progress a little further.

Blessings to all ~

Dagboekdingen said...

I look out my window. A bright blue sky..... air! It's wonderful and inspiring to read all logs about Soul Coaching.

Anonymous said...

It is so interesting how pausing for assessing even the air around you, brings into view the layers and layers that each moment contains.
~Dawn

Anonymous said...

I love this book! I am looking forward to reading about everyone's thoughts and progress.

Thank you Jamie for coaching us and it's good to know you're only a "click" away if we have any questions.

Blessings everyone!

Judi said...

I'm off to see everyone else's blogs.I'm curious to see how the journey begins for all of us.

Averil said...

A rough start for me, and it's only 8.30am! Guess it just means I really need this. Look forward to seeing how the day goes for everyone else.

Caroline said...

Getting my affairs in order...yikes! I have many piles, but I am making progress. This is good for me...it's hard, but I know I need to do this step to move forward. I am glad that air is the first element to tackle, because it's by far the hardest! I am a Sagittarius and this is just not part of my nature ;)

Kim Campbell said...

Count me in!!

Sherrie St. Cyr said...

I got ahead of us yesterday, but have backed up and caught up today. My sacred contract is now on my blog.

Caroline said...

I just realized I am ahead as well...I am on day 2 at my blog (oops!).

Danette said...

So funny, I slipped up and did Day One yesterday. Today I posted about my slip, and the magic of having a God Jar.

Today, breathing.....:)

gma said...

I didn't post about day 1, but it has been quite enlightening. I learned that if you allow yourself to be frustrated without doing something about it....it leads to a procrastination habit. So deal with the cause of frustration and quit putting things off! Cool eh?
Thanks.

peppylady (Dora) said...

I guess there no right or wrong answer to most things in life.
But I'm hoping to find something just tad of something.

Lisa said...

I feel like the grinch at the xmas party! Every one else is so excited and I am feeling overwhelmed and teary doing this. But I'm doing it anyway. Hopefully the teariness is the remnants of exhaustion from a stomach flu.
PS I am loving everyone's blogs and the excitement you are bringing, and the inspiration to move on and DO IT!!

Judi said...

BTW does anyone know where the smilie face came from?

Leila Anasazi said...

Good stuff so far. Not easy, but good.

ELLIE said...

air - one of my favorite topics - so far so good on my end - my mind is flowing along with things - this is a good thing!
I am enjoying reading how every one else is doing!
peace--Ellie

Unknown said...

Enjoying every step of the way!

Romana Mirza said...

I'm feeling engaged. I've been one day ahead of postings so far but with being out of town the next two days this may change...my commitment to this one hour of time will travel with me!

Aurora said...

ok --intentions..commitments.....why is this making me anxious? I don't do these things so well--but that could change??;-)

Averil said...

Jamie -- thank you so much for your comment. I was second-guessing my decision to put so much out there but feel much better about it now (though this may also related to the glass of red wine in my hand.. ;) )

Leah said...

i didn't write too much about it on my blog, but i played full out in my paper journal, took a walk, used the affirmation, and even my art of the day was influenced by the air theme! :-)

Anonymous said...

I am so grateful for all of these wonderful comments and great blog posts to read. This is already and amazing journey because of everyone else!

Anonymous said...

It's been a great weekend so far! I hope I get more time to read and comment on everyone else's thoughts. What I have read to far is so motivating! -rice

Sandra said...

I'm enjoying this already. I've booked off some time tomorrow morning to read and write and comment more, looking forward to it.

Maree Jones said...

I'm a little later than everyone else, but I'm here!

CelticBuffy said...

I'm late but I'm catching up! :)

Claudia said...

I´m a bit late posting but here I am!

Apricot Andie said...

I am very late to this, but just discovered it from someone's blog. I am going to go through it just way behind everyone else.

The air here is cold and crisp and clean. Though it triggers my asthma, I feel good to be outside.