Want to Participate in The Next Chapter?

Our Soul Coaching journey is now complete. If you're travelling through the book on your own, please feel free to visit the posts below for inspiration and encouragement

If you're interested in participating in future sessions of The Next Chapter, be sure to sign up for my monthly newsletter and you'll be among the first to get the details!

I'm looking forward to sharing more adventures with you.

Monday, November 10, 2008

Day 9: Examining the Meaning You Give Your Life

photo, Lake Atilan, Guatemala, by Maree

Remember on Day 4 when we explored looking at things with different lenses? Today we get to choose a lens through which to see our life and its stories. Denise points out, "You are constantly giving meaning to events, so why not try to find ones that are empowering and do not cause you stress or anguish?" In this spirit, she invites us to notice the meaning that we give everything today.

And speaking of noticing the meaning, what meaning do you give "the emotions"? As we move into the watery world of feelings, I know many are expecting the arrival of tears. And there will likely be some. But are you also imagining bliss? What about anger? Longing? What is the lens through which you are currently viewing emotion?



16 comments:

Genie Sea said...

Weee! :)

Sherrie St. Cyr said...

I'm finding that I'm resisting the "assigning meaning" part of this, but I do plan to make a prayer stick. It is raining today, something that doesn't happen all that often in north Texas!

Anonymous said...

This is already going in a much different place then planned. I hope all of you will find it equally as exciting!

Caroline said...

I am back!!! Yippee...I really missed connecting with everyone. The photo you posted is so calming...it's what I need right now.

ina said...

hello everyone. i have been lurking here since october. i finally created a blog to introduce myself.

thank you for inspiring me.

Kel said...

Just joining in now, very much led here by megg. I'm going to jump right in with water week, but start with catching up in the book. I'll try and do air when it seems appropriate.

Nadya said...

It has begun raining in Oregon, after a fall of lovely leaf colour!
I've shared a water blessing on my blog - it's so sweet, & I'd 'forgotten' it for awhile. My granddaughers (8 & 4) are out of school this morning, so I'm going to go & do it with them, & then we'll do a harp lesson :)

Jamie said...

Well, I certainly didn't expect what water washed out of me today.

Anonymous said...

Oh this week is gonna kick my butt! last week, a breeze--no pun intended--this week, I better get me some water wings, fast!

Mjfontaine said...

Its raining buckets here in London umm a major symbolic time.

water week.

Judi said...

That picture - Caroline found it calming - I find myself wondering why the water isn't on!

Welcome to the fray, Ina!

Seems like there's a lot of wet weather.

ELLIE said...

A prayer stick will definitely take me a long while - but I did manage to get an entry up!!
-Ellie

Sandra said...

There is something entrancing for me about the photo of today - I want to curl up into that sink or just keep staring at it's beauty - thanks!

Katie said...

Ready for the next hill!!!

Maree Jones said...

Whoops, I didn't post the link to my post. Here it is:

http://thebeautifulwitch.blogspot.com/2008/11/soul-coaching-day-nine.html

vickie said...

This looks like FUN!