Want to Participate in The Next Chapter?

Our Soul Coaching journey is now complete. If you're travelling through the book on your own, please feel free to visit the posts below for inspiration and encouragement

If you're interested in participating in future sessions of The Next Chapter, be sure to sign up for my monthly newsletter and you'll be among the first to get the details!

I'm looking forward to sharing more adventures with you.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Day 17: Facing the Shadow

Sirens by Leah

I love the way Denise describes our shadow self, "Often we are so disconnected from our darkest inner realms that the only way we can find those parts of ourselves is through 'projections,' which occur when we subconsciously cast our shadow to the world around us and then it reflects us back to us."

So, today is a day of reflections, of shadow watching. See if you can catch, out of the corner of your eye, a glimmer of that self you find hard to accept. It can help to take a rather distant view, let's call it a "detective perspective." Whenever something negative rears its head, simply remark, "Fascinating! I believe that's the sign of a shadow. I must investigate further." And with curiosity and self-love, continue the exploration.

Enjoy the journey.


11 comments:

Katie said...

Okay this assignment makes me want to puke! I guess we are into the nitty-gritty of the program here. I am exhausted from all of this self-exploration. I'm not trying to be negative-I think I might be a little fearful today:) trying to stay positive-K

Miss Robyn said...

you know I had a headache all day, my day 17 is over and I just didn't do it at all..

Judi said...

This morning I drew XII The Hanged Man from my tarot deck - how fitting - giving up that which we no longer need in order to embrace something finer - this isn't about self flagellation - it's about loving ALL of your self and accepting yourself - for only then can you love and accept others

Leah said...

today's assignment is really speaking to me. after reading today's entry in the book, i just had a feeling that you would use my art today. and then i saw that it is also the 17th day (17 is the number that pops up for me everywhere...my wink from the Universe.) oh my! i've got some exploring to do! :-)

Anonymous said...

I was afraid of this at first. Dark shadows are a fear of mine. I think no one likes seeing the worst side of oneself. However, my best can't get better unless I know what I am fighting against, so it is off to work I go, hunting the shadows that lurk. I hope we all make it back to the light soon!

Suzie Ridler said...

Gorgeous painting! Oh yeah, I saw lots of red today. My shadow is CRAZY mean and nasty and she's all mine.

Aurora said...

plenty of chance to see my shadow side today--as I met with my ex and ended up getting very angry---hate that side of myself...and find that part of myself very hard to accept...and I really really hate to think of how the parts of him I dislike are parts of me I dislike...argh! I end up thinking--he is a real jerk and I'm not like that! am I?

Mjfontaine said...

My shadow did not let me down today lol...

Turtleheart said...

Not much shadow side of me today-- but "SHOULD" showed up...

Sandra said...

I learned more working on today's focus/exercise than any other yet. glad I did it. still chewing away at what I learned. thanks.

Nadya said...

The books came, the books came!! I ordered Soul Coaching & SoulCollage & New Earth last week, & they arrived yest!! So I could finally work 'from the book' as well as connecting with the group on-line!
Shadow & Should. . . I have tried to say 'could' rather than 'should' for awhile - loved the 'but I choose not to at this time!' response.
& later I chose to do several 'call backs' that I needed to . . .
Need to put on the music & dance still!