Want to Participate in The Next Chapter?

Our Soul Coaching journey is now complete. If you're travelling through the book on your own, please feel free to visit the posts below for inspiration and encouragement

If you're interested in participating in future sessions of The Next Chapter, be sure to sign up for my monthly newsletter and you'll be among the first to get the details!

I'm looking forward to sharing more adventures with you.

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Day 12: Being Still / Doing Nothing

Photo by Shannon

Ooh, I have a sense that many of us are ready for some stillness. I know sometimes the journey has been intense, and I've been reading some discussions about what it's like to try and keep up or what it feels like to miss a day or 3 or 9.

I want to reassure you that there's no right way. I invite you wash away all the shoulds, put down any rules that are holding you tight and telling you what to do, especially the really, really familiar ones.
It's okay to stop. It's okay to do Day 2 on Day 10. It's okay to read along and not post. It's okay to never comment. It's okay to comment twice. It's okay to not read every blog. It's okay to read the day's affirmation and skip the rest. It's okay to only ever do Level 1. It's okay to work through the book again later. It's okay to immerse yourself and do it all. It's okay to dive in where you are.

What else is okay?



16 comments:

Caroline said...

I am ready for some stillness...

Genie Sea said...

This comes at a good time. I was unable to go forward this morning with my Soul Coaching activities as I had some residual things I needed to get off my chest which I have in a new post.

Sometimes, it's also okay, to take off the gloves and have at it. :)

Serena Lewis said...

something weird is happening with the links. tonight when i went to post the link to my blog for day 12, i noticed that all of the day 11 links were repeated in the day 12 post. i added my new link to the day 12 post regardless and it repeated in the day 11 post too. maybe it will sort itself out?

i enjoyed the stillness today ~ :)

Jamie Ridler said...

I apologize for the link issue. The coding has been corrected. Thank you for your patience :)

Serena Lewis said...

Thanks for that, Jamie...no drama, I just thought it was a temporary glitch with the link server. :)

Aurora said...

Funny thing--or synchronicity---but at my textile design class last night the instructor talked about organizing our art space/studio and getting rid of clutter--to allow room for creativity! it all fit so well with the last 12 days here...hmmm...

Anonymous said...

I plan on celebrate "do nothing" in water week with a hot bath tonight after every one else is in bed :)

Suzie Ridler said...

Woohoo! I'm all caught up and man, that's a great pic Shannon.

Oh my nap was so yummy.

Mjfontaine said...

Yeah I am enjoying stillness.....

Anonymous said...

I need a break. It couldn't have come at a better time.

Kelly said...

I'm ready to be okay. Thanks for your blessing of okayness.

Leah said...

fun synchronicities today, including being #17 (the number i see everywhere) on the list today. :-)

Lisa said...

I took it perhaps too literally, and slept much of the day. But I enjoyed it.

Sherrie St. Cyr said...

The main thing I'm doing slow is working through the book. I will definitely work through it again at some point. Weekends are better for deep thought than during the week for me.

Leila Anasazi said...

I thought I was going to have trouble being still and quiet today, because I have been on such a great roll with converting clutter into energy (FIRE. Yeah, I know, that's next week ... ) But I actually indulged in the hour of sitting still, and lots of stuff sorted itself out for me. Grand.

Nadya said...

Lovely to have a 'reason' to tuck in a bit today. As others have mentioned, I sometimes find I do more reading or something else than just 'being' - working on that!